ESPN Deportes

11,397 views / 0 watching now
Published on July 11, 2019 / Category: United States (USA)

ESPN Deportes (Spanish pronunciation: [i.espiˈen deˈpoɾtes], ESPN Sports) is an American Spanish-language pay television sports channel that is owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which owns a controlling 80% stake) and the Hearst Communications (which owns the remaining 20%). The network is aimed primarily at the Hispanic community in the United States. The channel broadcasts from studio facilities at ESPN’s traditional bases of operations in Los Angeles, Coral Gables, Florida, and Bristol, Connecticut, along with their Mexican base in Mexico City.
ESPN Deportes is available on most pay-television providers including Comcast, Altice USA, AT&T U-verse, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Dish Network, and DirecTV. According to Nielsen, ESPN Deportes is available to at least 5.5 million Hispanic households in the United States through a programming package that includes the channel. Conversely, ESPN does not maintain second audio program audio feeds on any of their English-language channels in the United States (except for ABC’s SAP Spanish coverage for the NBA Finals), allowing full exclusivity to ESPN Deportes for the Spanish rights to their properties.